Saturday 14 August 2010

Sunset behind the mountains - and a concert!

Hiya! Hope you're all doing well - Matt and I are suffering from pretty bad sunburn after yesterday so we stayed inside most of the day. 
The sun is FEROCIOUS. It's been about 36 degrees today. Matt let me drive the hire car around the car park but the steering wheel was too hot to touch!
When the sun was going down though, we walked along to our most local beach, about 5 minutes away. It's supposed to be a nudist beach so we went prepared to avert our eyes, but there was no nakedness to be found, only a man with a beard smoking his pipe and meditating and a Greek family having a BBQ.
So here is the beach - look at those mountains, it's like being back in the bloomin' Lake District:

Here's Matt.
And he used my camera and took this one - not bad, eh?!
Here I am swishing about in the waves!
I love this one, it looks like an acrylic painting to me - blimey, I love the sea...
And right now, as I type this, there's a bonkers concert going on at the little amphitheatre at the apartments. It started out with a few youngsters playing piano and guitar, then a pro clarinet-piano duo came on and right now it's turned into a full-blown trad-Greek fest with Iyras and Bouzukis - cool! We'll have to see if we can get ourselves booked to play a gig there!
Well, for now, it's 'καλή νύχτα' from us - goodnight xx

No comments:

Post a Comment