Friday 13 August 2010

The beach

Hello folks, hope you're all doing well! We've had a lazy day here in Crete - lovely! 
We headed out the beach at lunch time, thinking we were going to go to the main beach in Makrigialos town, but as we drove through, it looked mega busy so we carried on driving and came across a magic little beach about five minutes up the road. 
It was only scattered with a few other people, the water was crystal clear, the parasols were made from palm leaves and the sun was hot. Unfortunately I got too engrossed in finding pretty coloured stones while I was paddling in the sea and I didn't notice how hot the sun was as the sea breeze was nice and cool. I am now a little bit pink :(
We headed to a beautiful taverna right on the beach and had salad for lunch which was so nice - I think we'll deffo be taking our visitors back there...






Ahhh, refreshing Fanta Limon!


2 comments:

  1. Nana says I have to tell you that you're not allowed to get sunburn-her words (said in cockney) "she's got that fair skin-not like me and you paw". Matt's beards a bit grey tho isn't it-how old did you say he was...?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nana said to tell you not to get sunburned! Her words (said in cockney)"she's got that fair skin-not like me and you paw!".Mat's beard is looking very grey tho'-how old did you say he was...?

    ReplyDelete