Thursday 12 August 2010

I've got the blues...

...not those kind of blues though, 'cos we're in sunny Crete for nine weeks! But I am in love with the beautiful blues and turquoises of this island. 
We took a trip in the car to the nearest big town to where we're living, Ierapetra, this morning. Loads of vegetables are grown in the town and surrounding areas and exported all over Europe. It also has a pretty big fish trade and we saw all the fishermen pottering around on their boats and tidying up their nets in the harbour.
We also had a wander around the old town after a pit stop for a drink of juice and a spinach pie, and that's where I snapped these shots of wonderful blue doors and shutters and chairs and everything - more to come later, but for now, enjoy!









3 comments:

  1. HI Rosie! Can I send Frank over- he's desparate to swim in the sea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes of course, we've got bunk beds just waiting for him. Haven't been in the sea yet but the pool is great and very kid friendly. I think you'd love it mum, I'll have to invent a teleporter so I can get you here without you having to get on a boat or plane! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Think you've got all the blue sky over there!. Flash flooding here last night! I like the pictures of the harbour- has Matt emerged from his hibernation yet?? Frank says 'hi' and his usual 'can I have a biscuit'!

    ReplyDelete